Solved: Volume icon on task bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cheryl

Today I noticed the volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I went to the area where you can specify you want it to be visible but the box where I could click on volume is faded and I'm not able to specify I want it to be visible.

How can I rectify that? Do I need to restore?

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Okay good.

Check out the links from myself and Phantom. They have a lot of suggestions and fixes that may just resolve it for you.

Cheryl

I went to the "task manager" and disabled Explorer. I then rebooted and it's back on my task bar and also the grayed in boxes are now checked. Thanks everyone. You are the BEST.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online