1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[solved] Volume too low

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pyrosx1, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pyrosx1

Pyrosx1 Thread Starter

I just recently fixed some sound card issues on my computer with the help of some people on this site, which can be viewed here . After my sound card was working, i tried two different set of speakers, but my volume still remains incredibly low. I have gone to the volume main controls and put everything as high as they will go, but i can only hear sound if there is basically silence in the room. I've used an old set of speakers from our first computer, which are Labtec brand and cant be plugged in any more, which gave them the ability to adjust the volume, and a set of Polk Audio speakers, which dont have volume controls at all, but came with an HP Pavilion, where they work great. Is it possible that it I need a set of speakers that can be turned on and had their own volumes adjusted to get louder volume?

If not, what should I do?

2. Pyrosx1

Pyrosx1 Thread Starter

What I meant about the old set of speakers is that they can either be powered by plugging in an AC adapter or 2 C batteries apiece, but neither method works for giving them power. When nothing is connected, they still work, you just have no control over the volume from the knobs that are on the speakers.

3. Pyrosx1

Pyrosx1 Thread Starter

no one ever posted, but for future reference, i put in a better set of speakers with their own volume control, and tried plugging my sound output into a home stereo system, and both methods worked.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

thanks for posting back

I'll mark this solved

buck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice