Solved: Vp6 decoder settings .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timothye

Hello .. a long time ago i installed a codec pack . and when i uninstalled it . it left an icon in the Control panel . it's called "Vp6 decoder settings " and when i click it ,it gives me this message ."" Failed to create the CLSID_duckdecod "" it hasnt had any effect on my system . but i was wondering if there is a way to uninstall the icon from the control panel . cheers for the help .
:D

timothye

solved ... to remove this ( anyother icon ) in the control panel . go here
start>search tryp in *cpl*.*and it will list all the cpl files . in my case this was a deleted program that left its icon in the control panel so i took it on my own to delete it MANUALLY .. once the search finished i found the vp6 decoder icon right clicked the file and selected open containing folder ( in this case system 32 ) and deleted it from there .. then i opened up the control panel ( with the windows still open where the file was ) and checked it was no longer in the control panel .. so i closed all windows and restarted the PC .. all is fine .
hope this helps someone who has had the same problem ( annoyance ) as me ..
Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online