1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vtech phone cs6429

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Lex.Luthor, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor Thread Starter

Vtech model CS-6429 digital answering machine with 2 handsets
    Dtech 6.0 GHz with 5 channel system, fully encrypted signal.

I am placing this here for general information and problems that I have had with this phone. This is a good phone for what it's worth and has a clear signal. The trouble that I've had is that there is a 2700MHz noise that comes through the speakers.

These are the test that I have preformed:

I have tested the phone by itself without being on line and there is 27k noise.
    I have tested the phone on line without DSL and there is 27k noise.
    I have tested the phone on line with DSL and there is 27k noise.
    I have tested the master Data Interface Network box and there is no 27k noise there.
    I have tested the line with another wireless phone and did not find any 27k noise.

After testing out many different methods, I read the manual and did not find anything specific except a section that read "common cure for electronic equipment."

It told that I should disconnect the base from the power supply and remove the battery from the handset as well and wait for a few minutes.

After a few minutes, reconnect the power supply and then place the handset into the charging base and allow up to a minute or two to "reset" the settings.

After doing this, it is noted that the 27k noise is gone.

No need to replace a $40 phone and digital answering system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice