1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] W32 msblast worm AGAIN!!???

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by nbnurse95, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nbnurse95

nbnurse95 Thread Starter

Ok, a few weeks ago I had the msblast worm, I downloaded the patch, the removal tool and everything was good. A week later I had the SoBig.F virus, removed it. I updated my anti-virus.
    Now, today, my computer was acting weird. Tonight I got that RPC shut down message, and a warning from my anti-virus that I again had the Msblast worm, so I deleted it. OOps here we go again. Right now I'm being shut down.

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

3. nbnurse95

nbnurse95 Thread Starter

Hi TW56,
    Thanks for answering. Yes I already have that patch. Any other ideas??
    nbnurse95

4. BillC

BillC

It occurs to me that maybe you did not get it all cleaned the first time and/or the patch did not work {corrupt files or something}. Id go over the Symantec Security Responce page for the Blaster worm and I'd install a firewall like Zone Alarm.

It could, of course, be another virus. Have you done a virus scan with updated definitions?

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Also, please note that M$ has released a NEW patch that supersedes the patch that was in affect when MSblast first hit. (Can you say, a patch for a patch, boys and girls?) :D

See this link.

http://forums.techguy.org/t163821/s.html

6. nbnurse95

nbnurse95 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I have the the 2nd patch. Also when I run the Symantec Removal tool, it says that the worm was not found on my computer. What's happening is that EVERYTIME I go on-line, since last evening, my anti-virus detects the worm, which I then tell to delete, and it does. But, a while later it all happens again. If I run a search, it's not found either. It's also not running in my task manager. I'm now going to get that firewall, hopefully that'll help.Thanks.
    nbnurse

7. nbnurse95

nbnurse95 Thread Starter

Hi again, I've installed Zone Alarm and all seems fine.
    Thanks again!!
    Denise

8. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Zone Alarm should keep a lot of pests out of your PC

Good Luck (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice