Solved: wallpaper problems windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bugsy270

I use Win XP ver 5.1. I also use a product called Wallpaper Changer. It is directed to use a specific photo folder containing pics of varying sizes. My problem is I cannot get the resulting wallpapers to center. They always stretch. There is no check box in the Changer software to address this. Using desktop display properties does not help either. It gives me 3 options for wallpaper - center, tile or stretch - I click center and ok, but nothing happens. I go back in there and find "stretch" has been highlighted again. What's happening? The stretched images are often poor and pixelated. I want them centered in their original size.

Because your problem is with a third party utility, not with Windows I am going to move it.

Bugsy270

The Wallpaper Changer is the one from Power Toys, so Tech Support would be Microsoft I suppose (yech). Also, the Display settings I referred to are the ones in Win XP, and that is where I think the problem may lie (since there are no options in the Changer for stretch or center).

Bugsy270

Microsoft offers no support for Power Toys, so I tried your idea of a fresh install and voila, pics are centering per command. Thanks for advice.

That's great news, and thanks for sharing it. I will mark your thread solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online