1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: wamp unable to connect to localhost

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by chanzhao, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chanzhao

chanzhao Thread Starter

Two days ago, I downloaded and installed the wamp. When I went to localhost, wamp page were there, a list of webpages from apache was there, mysql browser could be used. However it doesn't work now! Localhost comes out with blank page, the mysql browser error said, "cannot connect to mysql server on 'localhost'". There is no wamp icon on the taskbar too. Can any body help?

2. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Restart wamp. If you restart your computer it should probably start automatically. :)

3. colinsp

colinsp

Also make sure that Skype isn't running as there is a port conflict between Skype and Wamp.

4. chanzhao

chanzhao Thread Starter

I go to the wamp folder and run wampmanger.exe again, the connection comes back. However if I restart the computer, the localhost page is blank again. Is there any way I can set the execution auto so that it's always on as long as the computer is on? By the way, I don't have the Skype installed, therefore it won't be the cause.

5. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Put a shortcut to the executable in your startup folder.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/909576