1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Want to install more Ram but can't find my Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bookfreak89, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookfreak89

bookfreak89 Thread Starter

I want to buy more RAM for my labtop because right now I only have 240 MB of the stuff. I need to find out what type I have and I know I need to get to my motherboard to find that out. The problem is... I don't know how to do that. I Have a Toshiba Statellite labtop with Windows XP, Home Edition, 2002 Version. Also I have an intel processor. I know practically nothing about computers:confused: and would appreciate any help.:)

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Go here and use the scanner to scan your system by putting in the model number for your Laptop: www.crucial.com
    It is amongst the best ram and guaranteed to match. My guess is you have only two slost in there which means the only way you can do this is buy 2 new sticks 1 gb each and toss what I would bet are 2 512's in the unit but Crucial should also tell us how many slots there are.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice