Solved: Want to install more Ram but can't find my Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bookfreak89

I want to buy more RAM for my labtop because right now I only have 240 MB of the stuff. I need to find out what type I have and I know I need to get to my motherboard to find that out. The problem is... I don't know how to do that. I Have a Toshiba Statellite labtop with Windows XP, Home Edition, 2002 Version. Also I have an intel processor. I know practically nothing about computers:confused: and would appreciate any help.:)

Go here and use the scanner to scan your system by putting in the model number for your Laptop: www.crucial.com
It is amongst the best ram and guaranteed to match. My guess is you have only two slost in there which means the only way you can do this is buy 2 new sticks 1 gb each and toss what I would bet are 2 512's in the unit but Crucial should also tell us how many slots there are.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online