1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Want to stop receiving a large email in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ethanw, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ethanw

Ethanw Thread Starter

Hello,

I am using Outlook Express and Tesco Net (modem, dialup) and Outlook Express. Outlook Express is trying to receive a large email, but it can't. It just stays on something like 10%, and then Tesco stops responding (I get a message asking me to Wait or Stop. I just want to cancel receiving this email, but I am struggling to find it.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

Thanks in advance,

Ethanw

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

Hi Ethanw,

T. :)

3. bp936

bp936

and then set-up "message rules" in Outlook Express, not to download anything above 1MB from server or delete it from server.
    I had the same problem on dialup so I had to do restrictions.
    If I wanted to see what the mail is about, I do go to my IP's online mailbox, where you can see what kind of a file is attached without opening it or downloading.
    Sometimes it is a bunch of different pictures, where I click on only one and get an idea what it is (but only if it is from a friend, never a stranger,)

4. Ethanw

Ethanw Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. Just before I tried to do what you said, it the email amazingly came through!

bp936, thanks for the advice, I will do that very soon incase this happens again in the future.

Thanks again!

Ethanw

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice