1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: want upgrade to video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjbarr3, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mjbarr3

mjbarr3 Thread Starter

Hello, It has been a while since I have been on this site , but I would like some help. I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Win 7 pro and has onboard video. I want to upgrade to a card but I'm not sure what will work . I don't do any gaming or video editing etc.. I just want something a bit better that the integrated one on the board. Can you suggest any ? I would like to stay under $100.00 if possible and have ability to connect with DVI and possibly HDMI.

Thanks in advance, Mike

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

For an upgrade that will likely also include a power supply upgrade...your price range is far too low.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why do you want something better? Gaming is the main reason to upgrade a graphics card and if that's not an intended use then The graphics in the current 4th generation Core i series processor are more than adequate for video playback and all other common uses.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Dell Inspiron 3847

From what I can determine, it comes with a generic 300 watt power supply.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice