Solved: Warning in IMGBurn: "SPTD Driver" ??? How to uninstall that?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zapp22

Friends
here's an obscurity: I love IMGBURN, but apparently due to some other package I either have, or had, loaded, I get a warning every time I do a project now, which reads:

"Duplex Secure's SPTD Driver can have a detrimental effect on performance "

Can someone tell me about this? what is the *.inf or .drv file name? And what package may be the offender? I'll be glad to dispense with it if I had a little info

thx
Z

File is at c:\windows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys
Uninstall Daemon Tools. Use Gizmo Drive instead.

Also: http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/faq
Q: How can I disable SPTD on my computer to check if it causes problems?

A: If your system has some problems with SPTD installation you can do as follows:

If your system is already running then go to step 2 directly. Otherwise start from step 1.
Step 1. Boot in safe mode and press ESC key when you see on bottom line of display: "Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys". This will abort loading of SPTD layer.
Step 2. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ Services\sptd" registry key in REGEDIT and set DWORD Start value to 4 (i.e. disabled).
Step 3. Reboot again in normal mode and check if your issue is solved.
To reenable SPTD restore the DWORD Start value back to '0' and reboot your computer.
Easy. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online