1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: watch FoxNew via internet for free

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 1934wthsr, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1934wthsr

1934wthsr Thread Starter

I have a new Samsung smart TV which is connected to my home wifi. I can get Netflix but I want to watch Fox News via internet for free. I have Fox News in a plan from DishNetwork but I want to drop Dish and switch to TWC (my ISP) with a starter plan which does not include FoxNews but does include all my local channels. This change woud save me about $50/month, but I don't want to give up FoxNews. Can you tell me how to watch Fox News over my internet, not via a bigger TV plan?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  3. 1934wthsr

1934wthsr Thread Starter

I did not see a solution or suggestion posted for my problem. ???????

4. 1934wthsr

1934wthsr Thread Starter

I did not see a solution to my problem.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    TWC is Time Warner Cable, right. You'll be able to stream Fox News via internet after getting TWC service. Pretty sure you'll need more than a "starter plan," but that's the way to be able to stream Fox News as far as I know. I do CNN that way, having Mediacom Cable TV.

7. 1934wthsr

1934wthsr Thread Starter

Upgrading TV plans does not meet my objective. I want to go online and connect to FoxNews online, not buy a TV plan with 200 channels that I don't want. If FoxNews will allow someone on the internet to connect with them via the internet, that would not required that a cable provider or a satellite provider be involved. While I will use TWC to be my internet service provider and get me onto the internet, I don't want to go through their TV plan to get online. Thanks anyway. My Google searches indicate that I can do this but I haven't yet figured out how to do it.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Any way that you may find to get Fox News for free will be piracy. And almost always those "services" are not really free, as they almost certainly come with lots of malware bundled in.

9. 1934wthsr

1934wthsr Thread Starter

thanks. Then I'll just forgo watching FoxNews. I have other fish to fry.

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry for the bad news. Lot's of people, including me, would drop their TV subscriptions if they could only get a few certain sports and news channels for free or low cost over the internet.

11. mpeet611

mpeet611

I have Time Warner Cable for TV Service & they will let you watch fox news online ONLY with a tv subscription to that channel & when you use the link already posted by TerryNet in post #2 you will be asked by fox news to verify that you have a tv subscription to fox news. If you still want to watch fox news legally you'll need a tv subscription to it in order to watch it online.

12. 1934wthsr

1934wthsr Thread Starter

I can watch tens of thousands of movies and TV series online without having to subscribe to a major TWC TV plan. If I understand it all now correctly, FOX NEWS Channel sold exclusive rights to thier programming to TWC. That means their programming in not available for free online the way tat the programming that Netflox puts online. Due to the 'EXCLUSIVE" contract between TWC and FOX NEWS CHANNEL, FOX IS NOT PUTTING THAT PROGRAMMING ONLINE AND IT IS AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY THROUGH TWC (in my area). It I try to curcumvent that contract, I would be committing "priracy" which is the turm used to steal programming in some unauthorized manner. OKAY, I GET IT.
    After I tried to go back to TWC and upgrade to their next level just so I could get FOX NEWS, they told me it would cost me another $40/mo. Now who is the PIRATE? i

13. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Before you can get to the streaming Fox News site, you need to select your cable system. There are quite a few listed. Then you have to log in with your cable company. That is the only way to get to the Fox News streaming.
    It is not TWC, it is Fox News deciding that you need a cable subscription to get the streaming.
    This is Fox News making the decision.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice