1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Water cooler?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jelkan, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jelkan

Jelkan Thread Starter

Hello, im new to this water cooler thingy, so im wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for a water cooler to my board
    my board is a Biostar GF8100 M2+TE the cpu and the nb is my the overheating problem and i have no clue what kind of water cooler i should get, so please give me some tips on some that i could get, and please dont link sites, im in sweden so buying from tiger direct is like a 100 dollar shipment so no thank you, just give me some names that you think would be good and ill look it up myself

MotherBoard: Biostar GF8100 M2+TE
    CPU: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition
    Case: Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Li

2. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

Do be aware that a compleate custom water cooling System is like £350+ (way out of my budget range for me for what it does)...

I usually get a pre-sealed and made one e.g:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CWC...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1291754403&sr=1-1

This is a lot cheaper and should lower your CPU temp by 20degrees compared to a stock heatsync..however doesn't give you the cooling of a custom system because the water is not coming directly in contact with the heatsync cause theres no waterblock, but still pretty good (I have 5+ 120mm fans on top of this as well though just to be sure :) )

However you need to make sure you get one that fits your CPU socket, I am unfamiliar with AMDs but will get back to you...

Doctorzeus

3. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

That one I suggested should fit for you (Corsair CWCH50-1)...

Hope This Helps!

Doctorzeus

4. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

Of Couse a high-end air heatsync will prob set you right as well :)

5. Jelkan

Jelkan Thread Starter

this case doesnt have any room for more fans so i have to go with something better and that is water cooling, so im gonna try that one see how it works if not i can just get my money back^^

6. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

Ok good luck :) you can always look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx5usoClfDs

He tests it out with no extra fans :)

Doctorzeus

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice