1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Way ahead

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by missscarlet, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missscarlet

missscarlet Thread Starter

Hi.:) Slight problem. :confused: All was well until the 16th July. On the 17th July, according to my PC it was the 23rd. For some reason know only to IT technology, my PC decided it didn't like the third week of July and promptly gained a week. I put the date back - only to literally watch it slowly then highlight the date it had decided upon. What happened on the 16th July originally that prompted this - I have no idea - no event log or anything else. Have synchronised with internet time stamp and it tells me it can't because my date is wrong. Every time I change it, it holds for one or two seconds and then literally unhighlights todays date (that I have just changed it to) and highlights the date approximately a week ahead. Anyone have any ideas because I'm getting more than a little frustrated with receiving mail a week before I send it. Many thanks:(

2. mcse72

mcse72

You'll probably need to adjust your time in the BIOS instead of windows. When you first power on your PC theres a screen that comes up for a few seconds, i.e. the manufacturers name. There is a key you must tap to get in. Unfortunetly, not all motherboards are the same. Its usually F2, F1, or the delete key. It might tell you what key to press on the screen itself for a few seconds, giving you enough time to see what it is. Whatever the key is just keep tapping it until you get in there and from there adjust the date/time. Be careful not to adjust anything else while you are in the BIOS. Save, Exit and restart. Next time you boot into windows, it should reflect the changed date correctly.

3. missscarlet

missscarlet Thread Starter

Hi. You are absolutely brilliant - I am now back in real time. very many thanks and please have a great weekend. Take care:):)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/736016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice