1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: web browsers won't connect but internet connection is fine

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NaomiG, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaomiG

NaomiG Thread Starter

Problem arose yesterday. I've ran diagnostics and turned the router on and off, plugged the Ethernet in for a better connection. My hp envy 17 laptop finds no problems with the connection yet I cannot access any pages through the web browsers properly. I've restarted my laptop several times and sometimes a page will load but never load completely and if I click a link on the page it will not load at all. My Skype works fine and I've ran a full scan with panda security which has detected no problems. I haven't downloaded anything in the space of when my laptop was working fine and when it stopped working, in fact I barely used it at all. I've tried all the conmand prompts I've seen suggested in previous cases like this i.e. The netsh winsock etc. sort of stuff but they haven't seemed to work. I believe I don't have any proxy servers active on my laptop or in any of the browsers (not sure if that makes sense since I'm not really an expert on this technical stuff :p ) also chrome keeps crashing every time I load a page, which has happened to me previously so may be a separate problem, but it isn't really helping the matter. Really hoping I don't have some sort of malware.. Any suggestions of solutions would be great, the laptop is fairly new, bought it in September I believe so I don't see why there should be any problems with it (considering its price too >.>) thanks a lot. Also my laptop has windows 8.1 if that's anything to do with it :)

2. donetao

donetao Banned

3. Wurms

Wurms

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!