1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Web cam stops working with Skype

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by phyljack1, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phyljack1

phyljack1 Thread Starter

I'm using Microsoft Life Cam with Skype 4.0.0.206. The camera worked before updating to the 4.0 version and my contacts were able to see me. Should I uninstall and reinstall both programs?

2. CapriAnupam

CapriAnupam

Did you try the video settings in Skype? If u updated it, maybe you need to set the video settings again.

3. phyljack1

phyljack1 Thread Starter

I reinstalled Skype and noticed that the "video call" button has reappeared next to the "call" button. For some reason, I was only able to "call" (which meant no video on my end).
    The guru in my computer club would call that the work of the gremlins who live inside the tower. lol

4. CapriAnupam

CapriAnupam

Do check the video settings from the Skype settings. Check whether its configured to take the webcam you use, as the video device.

Yes, new skype has a video call button next to the call button. So, if you want, you can do a video call, or you can only do an audio call.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice