1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Web hosting recommendations

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Shiverwarp, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shiverwarp

Shiverwarp Thread Starter

I really need some help choosing a web hoster... I need something that allows monthly payments (not once every 3 months or whatever) and is 10.00 CAD or less a month. Also a domain name (don't know how these work, the places I've looked at give free domain names) Fast downloads will be a plus as I will be running a map hosting server for my gameserver on it.

What would be the best options I could get for those prices and specifications?

2. ReXiZzLe

ReXiZzLe

For what it sounds like you're using it for...Yahoo sounds like it might work out well for you.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/?p=

$8.95/Month for the first two months. I'm not sure how much it goes up to after that. You get 5 gigs of space, free domain name, 200 email addresses, and other stuff you can read up on.

3. Shiverwarp

4. yankees26an

yankees26an

I use zeeblo.com( it's a free service) for my site.

They also have an upgraded version www.zeeblopro.com. The community is great, and has knowledgeable support staff. If you have a problem, I will be all over it:)

Vexhost is a newbie mistake, it doesn't have a proffesional web panel ie Cpanel or Plesk. I've never even heard of them. I hope you get your money's worth :)

5. harmor

harmor

I used to help at zeeblo.com but I decided to make my own free hosting site. If you have time you can get hosting from my site (Xen Web - Free cPanel Hosting)

6. Shiverwarp

They do have Cpanel actually, and I've had nothing but awesome tech support and everything runs absolutely GREAT.

7. scubasjl

scubasjl

8. shaded

shaded

lol i pay like $3/month for my hosting, 10 GB space, unlimited emails, ftp access, php, mysql, perl etc. all included... Free domain when registering also (for account's life)

www.1and1.com

9. dez_666

dez_666

Yea i saw an ad for 1and1, they didnt look too bad..

10. Shiverwarp

Well vexxhost has been working great for me.

200GB disk space
    2000GB of bandwidth
    Unlimited emails, mysql databases, pop3, all that jazz

7 bucks a month

11. curious1

curious1

12. shaded

shaded

the cheapest package they have is for 50 a year.. so don't know what you are talking about there

13. curious1

curious1

1 dollar - philippine peso is 46

technovile - basic plan is 605 per year [philippine money] if you convert it to dollar that's only more or less 14 dollars.
    [​IMG]

and for pinkdimensions
    [​IMG]

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice