1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Web page is not available

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JaniceNg, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JaniceNg

JaniceNg Thread Starter

I'm currently using a hp laptop with windows 8 operating system. for the past few months, my laptop was working perfectly fine. Then suddenly when I wanted to surf the Internet, they showed 'Web page is not available'. I'm using Google Chrome but I had no luck with Firefox or IE. I searched for some solutions online but none of the suggested a out ions work. I'm using LAN right now but WiFi doesn't work either. Please help me.

2. hgh918

hgh918

Hi Janice,

A couple questions..
    Are you able to connect to the internet on any other devices, such as phones/tablets?
    Does it show that you are connected in the network settings, or does it say no internet access?

3. JaniceNg

JaniceNg Thread Starter

The LAN icon only mentions 'network' and there is internet access. However, it does not saynetwork 2 or 3. And when i connect it to my mobile hotspot, the internet shows full bar. Everything looks fine, even when i tried troublshooting, they said there wasn't an issue. It's just that when i open chrome, IE or firfox, all showed the same 'Webpage not available'

4. hgh918

hgh918

So, have you gone through resetting any of the eqpt? Router and modem both? And also you said that even when you have your computer directly connected to the modem w/ an ethernet cord, there's still no connection? If so, try checking in the network sharing center, on the left side choose change adapter settings..notice what the connection to your local area connection is enable.

5. JaniceNg

JaniceNg Thread Starter

The problem isn't the router or modem or my mobile Hotspot. It think it has something to do with my laptop settings. However, I have no idea what. the night before yesterday, Internet was working fine. Then the next morning, it took forever to load a page and will always end up with a 'Web page is not available'. It will not say there is no connection. I searched for a lot of solutions that worked for others but so far none worked for mine

6. hgh918

hgh918

Well, a couple things since it shows connected..
    Have you cleared all your cache?..flush dns?..release/renew ip?..winsock?..antivirus scanner?..is it in airplane mode or work offline?..in your adapter settings in the network sharing center, is only one connection type enabled, whether you're LAN or wifi?

7. JaniceNg

JaniceNg Thread Starter

Well, all the instructions that you've given didn't work when I tried it but in the end, I found a solution so simple that I never thought of it. Taking the battery out and place it back in. This method only worked when the laptop is running. It wouldn't work if u remove the battery if it's a shut down. A method suggested by my dad since all else failed. Thanks anyways

8. hgh918

hgh918

Glad you got it figured out, thanks for sharing what worked! :)

9. Stonethrow321

Stonethrow321

When this happens w/batteries with me. It usually means I need new batteries also, Sometimes I can switch the batteries around an I get alittle more use out of them..... but same result its time to change my batteries an soon they are about done.......

10. Carolyn625

Carolyn625

I am having the same problem, but on my desktop. I have tried disconnecting everything and waiting about an hour and reconnecting but nothing works I can get as far as my homepage and if I google something I get to the page with options but if you click on an option you get page not available. I was told that my router had a virus, but I'm not too sure of that. At the end of that conversation the tried to sell me a $300.00 two year contract. I would appreciate any help.

11. hgh918

hgh918

Well Carolyn, easy way to know if it's an issue with the router...are you having this issue on any other devices in your home that're on your wifi? Does your pc say you're connected just fine?

12. Carolyn625

Carolyn625

No problem with any other devices on network. PC says I am connected . On internet explorer I can't even get to my home page it says "internet explorer cannot display webpage"

13. hgh918

hgh918

Well since you're able to connect to your wifi on other devices, we can safely say your router is functioning. Do you have any other browsers on that desktop, such as chrome or firefox? If so, do they work?

14. Carolyn625

Carolyn625

Yes, as I said I have chrome, but I can't get any webpage there either. I am thinking of trying to do a clean reinstall. Question is if I do, and I have a virus will it transfer in my document folder to my flash drive and then back in the computer.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice