1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: webkinz

Discussion in 'Games' started by jvangalder, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jvangalder

jvangalder Thread Starter

ok - i know i'm really old but its kind of fun playing webkinz - anyway - my computer seems to be extremely slow when i'm on the webkinz site - i have win xp sp3 an intel celeron computer with 37 gb. since i'm old and on disability, i do not have the funds to purchase additional hardware so i thought i would ask your help in looking at what i have running. i have dsl with a linksys wireless, but my son is not home now so there is only my computer. would it help to just use the modem? its a westell wirespeed.

please tell me what info you would like. thank you. joni

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Try emptying the internet cache.

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options. Under the Temporary Internet Files options, press the Delete Cookies and Delete Files. That will remove all the files that is loaded on your machine which helps load websites more quicker.

3. jvangalder

i've done that lots of times - it just doesn't do the trick - i've downloaded the atf cleaner and clear everything before i get on webkinz -

thank you for the suggestion!
    joni

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

is it only on webkinz or other sites that you see the slow down?

5. jvangalder

i do not play any other games online - when my son was playing wow on my computer he didn't seem to have any problems.

i've noticed that the processess on the task manager sometimes goes over 100,000 when i am on webkinz (iexplore.exe)

6. jvangalder

i did notice that the cpu does spike up to 100% only when i go on webkinz - otherwise, i've not had any trouble with ie7.

7. jvangalder

after doing online scan at jotti's, some malware, etc were found - so i'll go to the security forum.

thank you.

joni

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

sorry for not posting earlier... i did see your reply, but didn't realize i didn't post. :(

Malware can certainly slow down your internet as some do use it to 'phone home' as it were.

9. jvangalder

thank you for your efforts. have a wonderful day! joni

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!