1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Weblinks shows a blank gray page ...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Computer_Clueles, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Computer_Clueles

Computer_Clueles Thread Starter

I was watching this tutorial on YouTube and she posts links to the products she used in the tutorial when I click those links the links open to a blank gray page with a tiny white dot in the center. Here's a screenshot >>> http://postimg.org/image/84z3l86n3/ [​IMG] I asked her if maybe it was a broken link but she says she's able to view it fine. I had a few other friends try to see if it was on my end and they were able to view the links as well. So why I can't view it and I get a blank gray screen with a white dot ? I'm using the latest version of Firefox. Please, help me fix this and find out why others opens the links fine but mine leads to a blank gray screen. :(

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Please post the link to the video on YouTube so we can see and try the links.

3. Computer_Clueles

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do the work if you try them in Internet Explorer?

5. Computer_Clueles

I've tried it on Chrome and got the same results. I don't have Internet Explorer.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Internet Explorer is included with all versions of Windows.

What antivirus and firewall do you have? You appear to have Kaspersky installed, have you tried temporarily disabling it? Do you have any Firefox and Chrome extensions or add-ons installed?

7. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

From your screenshot, looks like you're never reaching the final page, which should be simonsaysstamp.com.

You're stopping at shareasale.com.

Try copy/pasting those links inside the following Web proxy. Are you connecting OK?

http://www.vpnbook.com/webproxy

8. Computer_Clueles

I uninstalled Internet Explorer planning to use Firefox as my sole browser but now I can't reinstall it back when I try to. I haven't tried disabling Kaspersky and I do have some add-ons most of which I dunno what they are.

Didn't work either. Did any of you try the link and get the links to work fine ? I'm getting mixed test results from friends. Some got it to work and some got the same results as I did. When I tried your web proxy I got a message that says the Link is not active.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No reason to remove IE. Just go back to "Control Panel", "Programs & Features", click on "Turn Windows features on or off" and check the box next to "Internet Explorer" to enable it again.

I checked a few of the links since there is a few. Most work, I did have one come up as not being available but not your issue.

Have you tried my other suggestion of disabling Kaspersky? List what add-ons you have.

10. Phantom010

All links I tried myself were working perfectly.

11. Phantom010

The links were perfectly active for me. Make sure you're copying them entirely before pasting them into the Web proxy. Or, right-click the links and select "copy link".

12. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Win 7 32 bit, I tried 4 links and they all loaded fine in Palemoon.

13. Computer_Clueles

I tried disabling the Kaspersky and instead of getting the blank gray screen I got a message the said the link is not active.

Here's a list of all the Add-Ons I have.

Content Blocker KAV 4.5.3.8
    Online Banking KAV 4.5.3.8
    OpenH64 Video Codec Provided by Cisco Systems
    Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.305
    Virtual Keyboard KAV 4.5.3.8
    Adobe Acrobat 10.1.13.16
    Facebook Plugin 1.0.3.0
    Google Update 1.3.25.11
    Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U31 11.31.2.13
    Pando Web Plugin 1.0.0.1
    QuickTime Plug=in 7.7.6 7.7.6.0
    Shockwave for Director 12.1.0.150
    Windows Presentation Foundation 3.5.30729.1
    Java Deployment Toolkit 8.0.310.13 11.31.2.13 (disabled)

I tried that and IE doesn't show up in the list. I must of completely removed it from the system and I can't get it to reinstall either.

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you forcefully removed IE then you made a big mistake and broke Windows. There's never any need to remove IE.

Disable all the add-ons and try again.

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Also check for and disable any proxy. To disable web proxy go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings, and uncheck all boxes (proxy and auto detect).

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!