1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WebShots error message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by surfnschultz, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. surfnschultz

surfnschultz Thread Starter

I have a user who has this error coming up. I removed and reinstlaled the webshots software, but the error remained.

Error MEssage:Swebexec.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated.

The webshots works after you click cancel.

So my question is: What the heck can I do to fix this and remove the error.

2. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

Well, I believe if you just delete that swebexec.exe file and then reinstall that file, it will work. You're also in Windows XP, so running a system restore back to before this problem was happening might resolve it as well.

3. surfnschultz

Thanks I'll try that. restore point probably will not work since we do not set them, senior tech desire I think you set it and often, but he perfers to relie on backups and reinstalls. I think he likes the work. hahaha

4. surfnschultz

Can you tell I am tired. Well I'll check in again tomorrow. Remove app and all files. Re-installed a fresh copy and it gave the same error message. Oh well good night to all

5. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

Well, sleep tight...when you read this again, try this. Since that other didn't work, and you don't have a restore point to go back to, then go into Event Viewer and write down the log that the error message logged and post it here. Then, I can locate it and tell you exactly what needs to be done with it. Many people prefer to use HiJackThis, but why when you have Event Viewer right there, and it's easier and shorter to read? :) Iono, but anyways, try that, and I'll look that up at work tomorrow or whenever you get me a reply and send you something on what you can try next.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice