Solved: Website will not let me back on (other people I know can access it)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vonmkhap

Hi,
I tried to buy concert tickets on the Ticketmaster website yesterday and, all of a sudden, instead of going to another Ticketmaster page I got an internet explorer "This page cannot be displayed" message. I had been on the website for about a 1/2 hour trying to find good seats for a concert and it seems like I'm not being allowed to access the site. I did not buy anything or do anything out of the ordinary. Two different people I know were able to acess ticketmaster.com on their computers. I just tried again and I'm still getting the "this page cannot be displayed" message.
Could it be that my computer is being kept off of the website? I can't understand why this is happening.
Help! Please.
Thank you !

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. Could it be that your IP address is being blocked there?

vonmkhap

I think that it's possible that my IP address is being blocked, but I don't know why it happened...and I don't know what to do to get it unblocked. Any advice?
Thanks!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
If it's an IP block, either you, or someone from your same IP address irritated the webmaster and they blocked your IP address.

vonmkhap

Hi again,
I'm thinking that it is possible that I irritated the webmaster by trying multiple times to find seats. That's not unusual that I know of. Would you know if there's something I can do to fix it?
Thanks again for your help.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
That shouldn't be enough to irritate the webmaster. I'd call the 800 number and see if you can't get better info on what may be happening. I've purchased tickets there as well and do multiple searches and changes at the same time.

vonmkhap

I'll try to call them and see what they can do. I still want to get tickets for the concert! Thank you so much for your help in this.

vonmkhap

Hi again,
Here is a follow-up in case someone else encounters this problem with Ticketmaster.
I called Ticketmaster today and spoke with a customer service person. She told me that Ticketmaster automatically flags anyone who repeatedly searches for tickets for a certain period of time. So, I must have searched too many times. I was told that I would be able to get back onto the Ticketmaster site after 3 days or so. It's been about 2 1/2 days and I have now been able to log back on to the site. Now I'm just afraid to search and get on their bad sides again! Hmm...
Thanks!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
That is interesting.

Doesn't make sense to me, but interesting none the less.

Let us know when you can get back in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online