Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Webtime clock TCP/IP error

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
This is the very first time I ever in my life got a such error as many of times I used Webtime clock. I had did a google.com search for parts of the error and I found out it was TCP/IP error. I don't know TCP/IP. I do know how to use Webtime to synchronize the clock to Atomic.

I will post the error below. I will cut out my IP address.

WebTime - 21-Sep-2008
======================
Started up WinSock 2.0
Socket 472 created
Connecting to Abovnet, New York City
URL is nist1.ny.glassey.com
At IP Address Removed IP
Connect error:10065.
No route to host.
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.
Socket closed.

WebTime - 21-Sep-2008
======================
Started up WinSock 2.0
Socket 452 created
At IP Address Removed IP
Socket closed.

Connect error:10038.
Socket operation on non-socket.
An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
Socket closed.

WebTime - 21-Sep-2008
======================
Started up WinSock 2.0
Socket 476 created
At IP Address Removed IP
Connect error:10065.
No route to host.
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.
Socket closed.

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got the tool and the tool is free to download but it's not free to fix or remove the errors. In order to remove the errors, I need a key and to get the key, I need to pay by either creid or paypal. I don't have credit and I don't have paypal. I don't even have a checking account. Are there any freeware tools that will fix or remove my errors?

#4 ·
I can't ping the URL glassey.com, are you sure it's a valid URL? Try time-b.nist.gov, which is the time server I use here.

Also, you don't need any tools to reset the WINSOCK, and you SURE don't need a registry repair program!

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

#5 ·
John Will

I reset both and it was successful.

I tried the link you gave me. I will give you the link and maybe I had the link wrong? I will also post the message I got when I tried the site.

http://time-b.nist.gov/

Network Timeout

The server at time-b.nist.gov is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

#6 ·
First of all, what operating system are you using and how are you getting the time?

Windows XP or Vista do not use the web to update the time. They use a protocol called Network Time Protocol (part of the TCP/IP stack) to get the time. The time server "time-a.nist.gov" is an NTP time server. It doesn't work with your browser; it works with an NTP client, which is installed on XP and above by default.

So, I ask again: what the heck are you trying to do?

Courtney

#8 ·
Aha, did some more research. You are using a piece of hardware (Webtime Clock).

Set the ntp to time-a.nist.gov (not http://).

Courtney
I am using Windows XP Pro 32Bit. I am trying to synchronized the clock to the Atomic. I am a person that likes the time to every second. I don't know why but I am funny with the time being off. I can't do it with my watch because it will reset on me.

With XP Pro, can I still use http://time-a.gov ?

Ah, I just tried that link I just posted above and it's not valid.

#9 ·
You do NOT use the http:// for time servers. Note that I didn't put that on my time server address, that was for good reason!

Here are the settings I use for XP, and I can assure you that my time updates just fine.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.