1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wedding video stops playing

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jamesaitchy1967, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamesaitchy1967

jamesaitchy1967 Thread Starter

hi my wedding video stops playing 8.24 min in, im not sure if there some of it missing or if it can be fixed it says its 298,434.wmv

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Test with a different media player.

With that being said, it sounds like the file is possibly corrupt. What is the source of the file? (ie: where did it originate or how was it created).

3. jamesaitchy1967

ive tryed with a few oddba11. Im sure it was a vob video it was took in cyprus by a wedding video company but now ive lost the cd and i did make a copy well a few but ive deleted them also im only left with this part of it

4. jamesaitchy1967

When i click the video properties it says the size is 291 mb (305,595,529) bytes. Would that be about 8min of play back do u think

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

VOB is a DVD container format. If you had a DVD with a VOB file, then you had a video DVD. You would have had to do some type of ripping or converting to end up with a WMV file. You're saying you lost the CD and "deleted" a copy (not sure how you delete a CD). Has this file ever played longer than 8 minutes? When you play it, does the progress bar go all the way to the end after 8 minutes, or does it stop in the middle at 8 minutes?

If you tried multiple players and computers, then the file is either corrupt or incomplete. Without the originals or a working backup, you're probably out of luck.

6. jamesaitchy1967

sorry know made a copy of the cd gave the cd out for people to view and it got lost. When i first ripped the cd to the computer it did play to the end but im not sure if it was this copy im having problems with, allthough now i think about it im sure the software i had for ripping the cd to computer only let me do it for a certain amount of time as it was a free version.
    It stops in the middle of the progress bar after 8min

7. jamesaitchy1967

cOULD A PRO NOT EVEN FIX IT , ITS THE ONLY COPY I HAVE 8MIN WORTH

8. jamwaky

jamwaky

Is there not a chance that someone you gave the cd to ripped a copy onto their machine?

Maybe they can send you a copy if they have?

It's worth a shot

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If the playback progress bar stops in the middle, then the file is corrupt. You need to find someone with an original disk and re-rip it. Then make a backup copy and don't lose it.

10. jamesaitchy1967

nope im afraid thats not an option guys. So all is lost then im stuck with just 8min. If its corrupt is the data not there somewere and some kind of softwere can fix it for me

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's not the definition of corruption. It's a digital file. If data is missing, it's missing.

12. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Make a copy of the file, never experiment on your only copy. Typical issue with wmv files (assuming the file is complete) is corrupt indexing. Try a tool such as this: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AsfBin

Aside from that, it is likely beyond saving.

13. jamesaitchy1967

Thanks anyway guys

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice