Solved: weird vista32 problems/bsods

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

torquex

Hi,

recently I ran into a lot of trouble with my otherwise nice LG P300/vista32 business.

It started two days ago with a message: invalid activation/product key, although its a legit copy of vista. I even wasn't able to run the genuine check again at this stage, cause firefox crashed when dl the validation exe. It was also not possible to start a cmd window or iexplore.exe. Everything just crashed.
Funny part is, a simple reboot solved the problem... I thought.

Atm I seems that vista is throwing every bsod at me it has to offer. I have to reboot a couple of times before I'm able to login without errors..

Types of BSODs I get:
1) memory_management
2) win32k.sys (problem detected/windows has been shut down..)
3) irq_not_less_or_equal
4) page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

What I did so far:
-I ran complete system/rootkit scan with Avira already. System seems clean.
-Tried to run the vista memory diagnostic tool, but it didn't start testing (0% after 1-2h)

Its quite frustrating and extremely annoying, since I have to do some work.

Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Cheers

Hi
It seems we have the same problem, except I'm running Vista Home Premium.
I got my Invalid License message yesterday [along with countless other people].
Some seem to have fixed the issue, but I suspect it's something to do with the Windows Defender updates [this was the only new update installed since the problem].
Of course Microsoft deny this.
I'm currently waiting a response from a member of their team, but looking at the problems with other users too I'm not holding my breath.

It's a p.i.t.a having to boot up twice and get error messages, but I can run my programs no problem once it's booted a second time.

I can only suggest you go to this URL

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029

and submit a support request [it's free]
Good luck! I'll be watching this thread. ;)

torquex

Thanks for your response and the information neurotica. At least I'm not alone it seems..

(support request sent to MS)

torquex

Update: memtest86+ spilled out **** loads of errors, so at least the ram is defective.
The activation error seems to be an independent issue. however, my vista installation is completely wasted now :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online