1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Welcome screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jfriedlund, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfriedlund

jfriedlund Thread Starter

I put a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on the computer and it all works great, however, there is a minor irritation. After about 2 min. of non use the screen goes into the "lock" mode. I'm the only user and have administration rights so all you have to do is click on my name and it'll start up again, but I can't figure out to stop it from doing it.

I've gone to power settings and set it to never shut down the display, never hibernate, etc. but it still goes to the blue screen with my default picture and name. Any suggestions?

2. Abe999

Abe999

Might be a screen saver setting: "On resume, display logon screen." Even if you are not using a screen saver, this setting puts the PC in lock mode after X minutes.

3. jfriedlund

jfriedlund Thread Starter

That was it! Even though I had "none" selected for screen saver, the box was checked that said after 3 min. display the lock screen. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!