1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: What are the cool stuffs we can add to web sites?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by sepala, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hi all,

I would like to know what are the COOL STUFFS I can add to web pages. I know very few like FaceBook Like Button, Twitter Tweet button, Skype call facility. Anything else???

2. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Any Idea?????????????????????????????????

3. jonabyte_ii

jonabyte_ii

It would be good to know what kind of site you are building or have.

4. DrP

DrP

How about making you site greyscale?

5. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Actually I am just collecting that kind of stuffs, because they are really COOOOOLLLL!!!! I found a plugging checker provided by Mozilla, and most of friends said it's really good.

NONO DrP..I am asking about stuffs I can use. Not about changes we can do to the whole site.

6. DrP

DrP

Sorry, I was actually joking! My pet-hate is gimmickry on websites, and that seems to be what you're after? It sounds like you are just playing and learning, though, which is great because then you'll know how to implement all these things should you really need them. Practically all the sites I build are for clients, not myself, which require designs which don't distract from the purpose of the site. Gimmicks do distract, so should be avoided unless they contribute to the aims of the site. You could try integrating your site with Twitter and Facebook? Mailing list subscription forms, play around with jQuery, it all depends which way you want to go?

I noticed you have been posting a bit about security issues - you could try playing around with form valIdation?

7. shannon08

shannon08

How about adding stumble upon and digg, I'm not much sure how these really works, I hope you can try it out.

8. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

OK OK..No Problem:):):)(y)(y)(y)

Of course.. I am studying and doing lots of experiments. I have used that facebook and twitter thing, and I have created a mailist by my self. In JQuery case, unfortunatly still I don't have enough time to do that, because I am self studying PHP, C#, advanced JavaScript etc(I am a student in Java Track)..

Form Validation? Yeah, it's really cool isn't it?

9. ehymel

ehymel

If you're studying advanced javascript, then you should not skip JQuery. It's very easy and can make your (javascript programming) life significantly better.

Hmmm, Java has nothing to do with the other languages you mentioned...

10. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

This is the same thing My lecturer said to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I have to stay away from it for some time, until my quarter exam is finished. Then we have Linux studies, so I am free!!

11. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hey, anybody have any idea about E4X ?

12. ehymel

ehymel

Looks easy to use, but support only in Firefox is a deal-breaker for me.

13. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Yeah, won't it will support all other Netscape Navigator technology browsers ? Because normally, if something supports to FF, they normally supports all Netscape Technology browsers.. What do you think?

14. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Even I have forced myself to start learning jQuery. It's the elephant in the room.

15. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

My lecturer gave me access to a great JQuery resource, but unfortunately I am really busy, and overloaded :(

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice