1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: What are these for (picture of my question)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ProHermit, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ProHermit

ProHermit Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me what these two sockets are used for on the back of my PC.?
    I'm kind of hoping, although I don't have a clue, that I might be able to plug in 5:1 surround sound speakers.

On the picture, can anyone confirm what these sockets are and what they are used for.?

much kind regards

Attached Files:

2. Lotus4669

Lotus4669

Looks kinda like a capture card to me. You can use it to capture videos or still frames from VCR's, TV's etc. But, lets see what others say. Also, what kind of computer is it. You may be able to look it up, or have someone else look it up and see if that systems comes with something like a capture card.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Download SIW and it'll tell you all about the installed hardware. I agree it looks a lot like a capture card.

4. ProHermit

ProHermit Thread Starter

It' a 'TIME' computer XP2700 2.16Ghz, bought in 2002. I don't recall ever having any documentation about what these sockets do. I'm searching the web for any info and if I find out I'll mark this thread as solved.

I downloaded the SIW utility (neat stuff)
    I'm pretty sure it's a 'Legacy Video Capture' device, but if anyone knows different please let me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice