Solved: What cellphone do I use if I only use it once in awhile?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kapustin Yar

I may only use it once a week. Right now I'm using Tracfone prepaid which averages about $14 a month. I always have a ton of extra minutes left over. Right now I have l ike 3hrs of minutes and no way to use them. Can I do better? Is there a cheaper plan with fewer minutes?

one thing you may want to look at is how expiry time is connected to dollar amounts. I use Rogers pay as you go (costing me about $10 a month). To keep from getting caught up in the cycle of top up before expiry so I don't loose unused time I opted to put $100 on it up front, reason being it has a 365 day expiry time where all other top up values are 30 days. Tracfone may offer something similar that may be of help to you,

My wife and I each have a T Mobile pay as you go. Normally they have a special where you can buy a phone real cheap and you get a $25 card free. After purchasing $100 worth of minutes, the minutes roll over, are good for a year, plus you get 15% extra for each card you buy. After the free card ran out on each phone, I purchased a $100 card (1000 minutes) and now I need only to buy a ten dollar card each year. We only use them for emergencies or to contact each other when needed and for our kids to get in touch with us when we're not home. We have been real pleased with it. Go to TMobile.com and see if they might have a special on.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Did you go to Tracfone's website? You can do better right there. They offer a $99 card for a year of service. That's $8.25 a month. Or you can enroll in a 50/minutes per month plan for $9.99.

Kapustin Yar

Hey gang,
Thanks for the advice. I've decided to go with T Mobile. Rather than 14 bucks a month I'll be s pending 3 bucks a month. Rather than 120 minutes every six weeks I'll be using 30 minutes every 3 months. This is what I need.

Thanks very much

Kappy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online