1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: What do I need in order to run Half life 2 Episode 1 or 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by npark2010, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. npark2010

npark2010 Thread Starter

I want to know what I need in order to run Half life 2:Episode 1 or 2 smoothly.
    I have an old computer but it was able to run half life 2 just fine.

I believe I have a PCI and not a PCI Express, and I know they stopped making PCI stuff, so I don't know where to get one.

My pc stats are below:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. npark2010

npark2010 Thread Starter

I have a question about the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3450 100298L Video Card, I read some of the comments on newegg and some of them have said that it gets really hot and it might stop working with long term use. But I want to know in your opinion if this is worth getting, I'm in a tight budget right now so that one seemed to be in the middle in terms of quality and price.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. npark2010

npark2010 Thread Starter

Thank you very much, That's all I have to buy right? And How do I install it when I get it?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It'll come with instructions, but basically you install the card into the matching slot on the motherboard, plug a power cable into the back of the card, connect the monitor to the new card, boot up the computer, and then install the drivers for the card. You can use either the CD or go to www.ati.com to get the latest drivers for the card.

7. npark2010

npark2010 Thread Starter

Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/932066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice