1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: what do i need to do if c drive is almost full?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by deaddrop, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deaddrop

deaddrop Thread Starter

hello, i have an acer laptop running on vista and its hard disk is partitioned to drive c and drive d.
    111.44GB each and a 10GB for EISA configuration. Drive C is almost full with only 9.56GB free out of 111GB.
    Drive D is still empty im assuming bcoz when i open it, it does not have anything and it says 111.GB free space.
    I can`t log in to the net anymore and i assume its bcoz drive C is almost full. What do i need to do? do i need to merge
    drive C and drive D to delete the partition or is there a way to make use of drive D. Pls give me advice, im not really familiar with partitions.I bought the laptop already partitioned. What is the best way i can do? ill appreciate any advice or help.
    Right now im using my desktop to send this inquiry.I cant log in to the net in my laptop.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would make use of D drive and copy across all your Photos, videos and Music, they usually take up a lot of space
    You can actually move the entire user account across to D - BUT as you have almost used 114GB , I suspect the majority of that approx 70GB is your data

i would expect you to still be able to use the internet , unless you are getting other errors on the PC

anyway copy all the data over to D - make sure its all OK and then you can removed from the C: drive

also clean up the PC space
    try using -
    Start>
    programs>
    accessories>
    system tools>
    Disk Cleanup - get rid off all the temp files

are you using IE - if so then goto tools
    internet options
    and delete temp files from there

also make sure you have emptied the recycle bin

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

I don't think disk free space has anything to do with getting online. Are you able to ping the router? ping google?

4. deaddrop

deaddrop Thread Starter

@etaf,thanks...i followed ur advice and i have move files from drive c to drive d...first i even back up the files on my usb external hard disk just to be safe.I really appreciate ur help.merry xmas and a happy new year!!!
    @lunarlander,thanks too..yup ur right,theres no connection between logging online and my hard disk space...maybe,its just a coincidence that i cant log in bcoz it was peak time. But i tried logging in many times and i cant but when i tried my desktop i can log in easily...but now i can log in easily to both easily. merry xmas and a happy new year too!!! GOD BLESS U ALL!!!!

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y) thanks for letting us know

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice