Solved: What does Java 2 Runtime Env. do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

R.Fritz

This program keeps wanting to install update. I did a search & found their website but I can't tell what it is for. I got into trouble a month ago applying a download that I thought was from Microsoft but it wasn't so I am really leary about downloads now. This is on a new XP Pro SP2 PC that is attached to a Windows 2000 Server. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Java is a programming language (javascript is loosely based on it) that allows software to run across various OS platforms; run web applications inside a browser - like online games, stores etc.
The Java preference/settings panel is located in the Control Panel. You can turn off the auto update check there - but you should update to make sure that new versions with bug fixes and security updates are installed.

R.Fritz

Thanks for your help! I just like to know what programs do and you helped me out alot. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online