Solved: What drivers need installing when windows 7 is installing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mapexmbirch

There is no real method for installing drivers until after Windows setup has finished.

mapexmbirch

I thought there was a option to install a driver just before windows starts installing it's files.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Windows will use what it has even if they are Generic. Then you can update to what the hardware OEM has for Windows 7 32 or 64 bit.

An option appears for the sole purpose of installing a driver to access the hard drive so the installation can take place. Win 7 has 99% of those drivers. You need it only if the drive does not appear as an option for location to install. Generic drivers will take care of almost all the rest until you get installed.

(By the way, Windows no longer "installs its files" like it did in previous versions. In XP and earlier, for example, files were copied to the drive. But in Vista, 7, and 8, a disk image of Windows is applied to the drive instead, install.wim. So it is really a disk imaging operation rather than a file copy operation, just like Acronis Backup & Recover or Paragon Drive Backup.)

Let us know if all goes well for you. If it did turn out that some driver were required, that would no doubt be of help to others. The likelihood of anything being needed for a Windows installation, except for a drive drive, rarely, is very small. They try very hard to get you through that part as painlessly as possible. :D

mapexmbirch

Will do, I got the ssd in the post yesterday and the motherboard has just come. now waiting for the rest.

mapexmbirch

It did need drivers, I just downloaded them off OCZ website and put them on my memory stick. Was not too difficult.

I did have a problem with the product key. But I think that is a problem with the windows version I got. Here is the thread it would be great any of you could help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online