1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: What Have I Done!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Aussie Pom, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aussie Pom

Aussie Pom Thread Starter

G'day,
    I was having a problem with my Window 7. I decided to restore it to an earlier time which I have found normally solve the problem. Now when I turn the computer on the desk top screen looks good. When I click on a program to open it, nothing works. When I click on WORD the computer high light the icon, that's all. When I clicked on Explorer I receive a message telling me that the files might have been moved and do I want to delete it. When I click on Restart a black screen appear with a white flashing curser in the top left corner. Nothing moves. When I do onto Safe Mode I can open word but when I clicked on mail I received this message. PROBLEM WITH SHORT CUT> The item 'WIMAIL.EXE.' has been moved.:eek:
    I would really appreciate some help please

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

You could try undoing the restore and then letting us know what problem you were having

3. Aussie Pom

G'day Blackmirror,
    Right I done that and the computer was able to open some of my programs. Now I am back to where I started. I click on a program and it start but then the computer freeze.
    I would certainly appreciate your help.
    Aussie Pom

4. Firebreather

Firebreather

I think its a malware or virus. Have you tried a full system scan of your system by your antivirus?

5. Aussie Pom

G'day Firebreather,
    I have found the solution. I installed Advanquest Fix It 12 anti virus and it sent my computer of of whack. I uninstalled the program and everything is fine.
    Thank you for your assistance
    Cheers Aussie Pom

6. Firebreather

Firebreather

Glad to know that your problem is solved. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!