1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: What I did not know about Mensa.

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by rexgrant, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rexgrant

rexgrant Thread Starter

2. buffoon

buffoon

Not sure what it is you want to learn and also not sure what it is you wish to debate.

The author of the article appears to respond to a number of "protesting" letters (here) to his previous article in Mensa (looks like this is it).

So, what is it you are posing?

3. rexgrant

rexgrant Thread Starter

Hi Buff
    You often here in the media, of the Jewish control in government circles in the USA. But from what this chap is saying it does not stop there, surly this is an unacceptable situation in the most powerful nation on earth.
    Regards
    Rex.

4. Paquadez

Paquadez

This is clearly not debate.

Worse, it is not even cogent.

Please spell check prior to posting.

If this thread doesn't quickly revise into logical proposition and cogent statement, then I am closing it.

5. Bastiat

Bastiat

If that is the standard you are going to apply, I suggest you will be spending a great deal of your time closing most of the threads. :)

6. buffoon

buffoon

Well, I don't have the time (read as can't be bothered) to read all of Birdman's rant. It suffices for me that he's as allowed to write what he writes as those that disagree with him are allowed to in the very same sense and amount.

Just glancing over his "response" (without reading the original article that got him his negative replies), it shows to me that he's guilty of exactly what his critics accuse him of.

In my own experience a critical stance towards the government and policy of Israel (whatever happens to be in the seat at the time) can get one the (often unjustified) label of anti-semite.

At the same time though I've seen antisemitism coming along cloaked in "merely" anti-zionism. In fact that is what I've experienced far more often. And that seems to me to be the case with birdman. Beyond which, however, he surpasses any remotely reasonable critique of Israel, to blame Jews in general for everything.

It speaks for the tolerance of Mensa that he can sound off there in this manner. If he did it in my pub, I'd geld him.:rolleyes:

Apart from all of which, he ALSO needs a spell checker.:D

7. Littlefield

Littlefield

:D s

8. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Ha! Ha!

You certainly may have a point, there. (y)

9. rexgrant

rexgrant Thread Starter

But How is it possible to make a true statement without reading the full link, I thought it was anti antisemitism before I read the full facts now I am unsure and have come to a forum were in the past members were dedicated to get to the truth,
    Seems things have changed.(n)
    Rex.

10. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Good, Rex.(y)

These are some good points building on your original post here. First, let me say thanks for popping in and starting a thread. (y) We hope many more follow; it gives a fresh look to the forum, and then more people are interested and contribute, and so on. It's the Field of Dreams "If you build it, they will come" thing. :)

What we're trying to do here is help posters craft debate-type posts when they start a thread. There is no set way, but essentially to develop a yes/no, agree/disagree, Hatfield's / vs. McCoy's :p:D and so on. Then, there is a position to debate so to speak.

Now, if the subject is not suited for a clear debate setup, then we would not mark it as debate. It may later evolve into a debate, but starts as a non-debate topic. :)

11. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Oops. We cross-posted.

That's not necessarily true. I hope my post after this explains.

The goal is to get to precisely what you mention here.

It's just your very first post was a bit scant on where you intended the thread to go (after all, it's your thread). So we (as a community) was a bit unsure as to the purpose.

Now... you're making some points about it all that is debate/discussion worthy. So, keep it coming.

12. buffoon

buffoon

Well, anywhere outside of stringent scientific parameters, truth is pretty subjective. Some would say even there.

I've meanwhile read the link, the original article and the responses that caused said linked article.

Birdman is an antisemite, whether he agrees or not. The fact that he either doesn't know it or simply chooses not to know it changes nothing. That's MY conclusion.

One may find plenty wrong with any group's influence on government, influence on society or more universal goals. Or agree with any or all of it or decide to ride the fence on it all.

That is clearly not the agenda here. Rather it's about denigrating a group in general and making up the reasons for that denigration afterwards.

The same old tired history.(n)

13. buffoon

buffoon

.................to exemplify, he quotes these passages from the talmud
    ............misstatements, fraudulent claims and out of context (historical and otherwise) misappropriations. Not to mention the fact that he states the Talmud as superceding the Torah, total baloney.

Just one example, but there are many in his response to the responses alone.

14. buffoon

buffoon

I need to correct my speaking of him in the presence. He died in 2009 but his hate site is still alive.

15. rexgrant

rexgrant Thread Starter

Hi all
    What I should have done is more research on the Birdman myself and not expect to pick the brains of forum members. :eek:
    But it is these quotes that were the cause of me to cross over the big pond to find a quick answer.:)
    1) He who sheds the blood of the goyim [non-Jew] is offering a sacrifice
    to God. --Talmud, Jaiqut Simenoni 2) It is always a meritorious deed to get hold of a Gentile's possessions.
    -- Schulchan Aruch
    3) A Jew may lie and perjure to condemn a Christian. The name of God is
    not profaned when lying to Christians. --Baba Kama 113a,b
    4) A Jew is permitted to rape, cheat, and perjure himself; but he must
    take care that he is not found out, so that Israel may not suffer. --
    Schulchan Aruch, Johre Deah
    5) Jesus is in Hell and is being punished by being boiled in hot semen.
    Christians are boiled in excreta. --Gittin 57a

Thanks

Rex

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice