[SOLVED] What is a "Clone" Athlon?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Drumr4

I've heard of an IBM "clone", but not a "Clone Athlon"! I came across this term while browsing computers at an auction site. The product description at the site is as follows: Clone Athlon 1.1GHz 56MB RAM 30GB HD. I'm a real novice, but would most definitely understand this description if the word "Clone" were not included! Is there a company that is putting out an imitation of an AMD processor, or does this simply mean that the computer doesn't have a specific brand name? Hopefully someone will answer this stupid question. Thanks.:confused:

Documentation, Manuals, Media and Monitor Not Included.

Requirements

Detailed Description
CD ROM Speed 48x
Modem Type 56K, 10/100MBps Network Interface
Sound Card Included
Video Memory Standard 32MB
Processor Speed 1.1GHz
Parallel Ports 1
Serial Ports 2
Video Ports 1
Mouse Ports 1
Processor Type AMD Athlon
Keyboard Ports 1
USB Ports 2
Operating System None Provided
Chassis Type Minitower
RAM Standard 56MB
Hard Drive Capacity 300MB
Floppy Drive Capacity 1.44MB

Warranty
90 Days from Refurbisher. The product has been diagnostically tested as working and cleaned by the vendor. Product may also have cosmetic blemishes such as scratches.

Package Contents
CPU, Power Cord, Mouse, Keyboard.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi Pam, I think in this instance they are using the word 'clone' to distinguish between a name brand computer, i.e. Dell, HP, Compaq, and a generic computer.

Drumr4

Thank you, everyone, especially SavvyLady!

I am quite embarrassed to have asked this question in the first place! Once I saw Savvy's second reply, I went back there myself to see how she got the detailed listing. It was then that I realized I had never scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page. That will be one mistake I shall never make again!

I apologize for wasting your time. If you want to kick me out, I'd probably deserve it!

Thanks for bearing with me,
Pam

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
No problem Pam, we are all here learning together......

As long as you play nice with everyone, you'll always be welcome! ;)

Please feel free to hang around :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online