Solved: What is an updated driver and where do I get one from?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

InNeedOfAnswers

I am running Windows XP and want to watch a DVD as I have done previously. I get the message: Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

I do not understand what to do. I have tried some links I found on the Internet but they appear to be subterfuges for loading new search engines or whatever.

Since finding your site I have run a scan, it says I have 103 ActiveX/OLE problems and 160 Empty Registry Keys I've no idea what this means!

Since finding your site I have run a scan, it says I have 103 ActiveX/OLE problems and 160 Empty Registry Keys I've no idea what this means!
You must have clicked on a link to download a registry cleaner. Most of these programs are scams so just uninstall the program.

In order to watch a DVD get VLC media player, it usually works much better than Windows Media Player.

InNeedOfAnswers

Many thanks Stantley, I was relieved to find a free download that worked!

Many thanks Phantom010, I have read the info about registry vacs etc and now understand to ignore them!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online