Solved: What is my video card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WanneJ3150

hello, I have a notebook pc from systemax and I just recently reformatted and installed xp back on. The one and only problem is I didn't know what my video card was and I tried installing it with the cd's systemax gave me but the drivers on there are not the right ones. Do I have to open my pc up and find it or is there some way I can just open a program and have it find out for me?

Do you have the model info on your pc?
If you do, you should be able to look it up and see what video card came in your pc.

WanneJ3150

Thanks junker now I know it is a Mobility Radeon 9000
To install a driver what do I do because I don't have a cd with mobility 9000 on it.

WanneJ3150

it couldn't find the server and i tried ati.com and tried to download the catylyst but and 2 error messages popped up saying
Severe
inf error
video driver could not be found

setup was not able to complete the insallation
Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup.

I've not seen that one before. Maybe someone who has will pop in here and help out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online