1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: what is needed to offer hosting services?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ms_khw, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

In time, I'd like to be able to provide hosting services, and was wondering what all is involved and what is the best way to go about it.

2. imidiot

imidiot

3. GCDude

GCDude

Simplist way is to buy a resellers package from a hosting company. Have a google.

4. isulong seoph

isulong seoph

Yes, the above post is the right thing to do if you're new, A reseller account package is the easiest and cost efficient way for you to setup your own web hosting service.

Strongly consider to first learn the tech side, customer relation, and putting solutions on some possible problems that may arise. It's not easy and web hosting business can get you into trouble when you're not sure what you're doing. I suggest you to study and learn first.

Good luck on your business

5. covert215

covert215 Banned

I asked Adelphia what I needed to pay for their commercial service that unblocks port 80 and allows servers. I was told to call Comcast.

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Also take a look at webhostingtalk.com
    Do you know how to administer a server, manage a control panel, can you provide 24/7 support, etc.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!