Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: What is this please?

863 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Goku 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hello Model. Seems like a corrupted DLL. Let us try to re-register it.

Please download the attached archive and extract it. If you are unsure on how to open the archive, use the instructions from here and continue. After you have extracted the archive, you should obtain a file labeled Fix Thumbnails.bat. Double-click on the file and a window will pop-up for a brief period of time and close automatically. Don't panic; this is normal. After the process is complete, please restart your computer and browse to the file again.

Let us know if that helps or not. Also, do the thumbnails appear on other photos or do they all show the same icon?

Good Luck. :)

-- Goku

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply, but I already fixed it. I opened the pictures one by one
in MS paint and saved them one by one as the same file type, but renamed and it worked.

Must have been a registry thing then huh? Could it have been a virus/trojan or something? I have up to date anti everything and nothing was detected in scans I ran.

(it was every photo in a certain folder but not every photo on my PC)

I was sent a zipped file containing photos and when I unzipped it, the images opened fine, but the thumbnails were as above.

Anyhoo, it's fixed now so thanks again for trying to help.

#4 ·
Hello Model. It was not a registry or infection issue. The thing is that Windows might not have the ability to cache certain types of file types and thus cannot generate a thumbnail for them.

Anyways, glad you got it resolved. Please mark the thread Solved too using the Mark Solved button at the top of this thread.

And thank you for letting us know the status of the problem. :)

-- Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.