(Solved) What is this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CoasterFreak

Everett
I have this slot in my computer. I thought it was a AGP slot, but when I tried to put a AGP video card in there, it wouldn't fit. Maybe i wasn't doing it right, but the card would not go in there. So what type of port is it?

i have one of those in my computer too.... really short right? i think (think) it might be for one of those mini AGP thingys.... im not sure

id like to know what it is too

Triple6

Rob
Its an AGP slot. What card are you trying to put in? An AGP Pro card?

CoasterFreak

Everett
its an old AGP card I found, but its too big to fit in that slot. Are you sure its an AGP slot Triple6. My PC is an HP Pavilion 325c - I can't find any info on that slot in the book either.

CoasterFreak

Everett
NVM, your right Triple6, it is AGP. I just checked HP's website. :) (y) Thanx

CoasterFreak

Everett
sorry to re-open this question after i reported it as (solved), but i have another question that goes along with it...

Has the AGP slot changed? I have an older computer, about 4 or 5 years old with an AGP slot in it, but it is WAY different than the AGP slot I have in that picture, so I was curious if the AGP slot has changed. Thanx.

Not physically but electrically.

The current 8x slots run at a different voltage than previous 1x/2x slots which means you can no longer drop in any old card into a older pc

Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online