(Solved) What scanning software can I use with a ScanJet3300C???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computer_pet

I bought a ScanJet 3300C about five years ago. The software that came with it was "HP Scanning Software, PrecisionScan LT Software". The problem is that this only capable with Windows 98 not 2000 which I wan't the scanner to be attached to. As i use to have the scanner attached to my 98 computer but has now become a very slow, un-realible machine that I don't like. I have installed the driver for the scanner as it was on the CD-Rom. But when I push the scan button on the Scanner, My computer opens "Imaging for Windows" and comes up with an error: "TWAIN Data Sorce Not Found. Please re-intall scanner software." Which I can't do.

How can I use the software that came with the scanner or has anyone got a version for 2000?

?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
How can I use the software that came with the scanner or has anyone got a version for 2000?
You can use it by downloading the software from HP's site.

computer_pet

I think I found it on HP website it is 54mb so it will take about 15min to download.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Before you run that file, uninstall any stuff that you tried to make it work with.

computer_pet

OK,
I have installed the program. Except when I run it (try to scan) it comes up with: "HP Precision Scan Lt: An undefined program error has occured. [2117] OK

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I know alot of people who have had various errors with that software and have not gotten much help from HP. The only way I could ever get it to work was being logged in as Administrator. Anytime I tried to run it as another user it would generate errors.

computer_pet

Ok,
I will do that tommorow as I wan't a entire day just incase something goes wrong.
Thanks

computer_pet

Thanks LwdSquashman
Sorry about the delay I thought I had already answered this thread. Yeah I did what you said and it worked.

Thanks
For everyone's help
Again sorry for the delay to responce

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
And just for the record, you can use any scanning software with it......you don't have to scan into the HP stuff ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online