Solved: What's a good program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

toopay

I in need of a program to keep some church records information on each person how much they give and to wich department they give to. Any Ideas!

OBP

Excel or Access will do that for you, if you haven't already got one of them, then Open Office will also do it.

toopay

Which one do think would be better for the task, I have Excel but the access. Would I have to make my own templates.

I would recommend one based off of what your needs are. Are you going to need to do many calculations with this record? Are you going to want to create dynamic reports from your data?

It sounds like Access is the way to go, but I can't really be too sure until more information is obtained.

Just curious ... are there laws in the US covering who can hold what info on PCs about whom? In the UK, we have a Data Protection Act.

I don't know if there are any specific to data other than the privacy laws that are currently in place.

toopay

Here is basic stuff that I would like to do. This was done in Excel.
Jan-06 1-Jan 8-Jan 15-Jan 22-Jan 29-Jan TOTAL
TITHES 0.00
GENERAL 0.00
MISSION 0.00
SUNDAY SCHOOL 0.00
BIBLE STUDY 0.00
YPWW 0.00
RADIO 0.00
YOUTH 0.00
CHILDREN 0.00
BUS 0.00
VSB 0.00
WOMEN 0.00
PASTOR AIDE 0.00
BUILDING FUND 0.00
MUSIC DEPT. 0.00
LOVE OFFERING 0.00
MEN 0.00
OTHERS 0.00
TOTALS $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 0.00

The big factor in the choice is, toopay, how many parishoners will it need to accommodate.

If a few hunders or a thousand or so, Excel would be OK.

If its tens of thousands, then no. You will need a database.
Without that critical info, its guesswork.

toopay

only 150. so I guess I we have to do each one at a time.
thanks

firefytr said:
I don't know if there are any specific to data other than the privacy laws that are currently in place.
Like I said, just curious ... over here, you have to register with an appointed agency to keep info which can be identified to specific individuals. & this now applies to paper records, not just computer ones. Maybe technically this could apply to someone keeping even an address book, tho' I guess there must be some kind(s) of exemption, else that would just be like total Big Brother! :eek:

Anyways, a file is attached. I focussed on "each person how much they give and to wich department they give to". So Sheet1 is a table of donations, Sheet2 is a summary table using array formulas I cribbed from J-Walk.

(Yeah I know everyone else uses SUMPRODUCT these days. What can I tell you? -- I'm retro. :D)

The summary table only goes to donor 100 to keep the file size down, but the formulas can be copied down as far as needed.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online