Solved: What's safe to delete in a registry clean-up?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kit22

My system is Window XP with SP2 and I'm using Easy Cleaner 2.0. The problem is knowing what is safe to delete. I've deleted everything with \tmp\ in it but am very wary of things like HKEY_LOCAL_MA(Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\App Paths\ORUN32.EXE
Is there any listing, or book available that would educate me in what is safe to remove. Any help would be very much appreciated

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Are you using the most current version of EasyCleaner, which is 2.0.6.380, and have you updated the blacklist to #9?

Personally, I've never had a problem with deleting all the registry entries that it finds as being invalid, but there's no 100% guarantee that it'll do the same for you.

Since you're classifying yourself as a "Beginner", you probably shouldn't be messing with registry cleaners anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kit22

Thanks Flavallee. I loaded the Easy Cleaner 2 from the disc that came with my Microsoft Windows XP magazine (Feb,06) I don't know what version. SInce there are only 31 errors left in my registry, which, on reading others problems, seems like a low number, I shall take your advice and leave well alone.

Kit22

Hi Blues_Harp28
Thanks for the tip that safe items are normally in Green. Thanks also for your link. Some interesting reading, and I think I am convinced to proceed with caution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online