Solved: What's the difference?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chow2rich

What's the difference between Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Media Center? Because I got this new laptop and it's using Windows XP Media Center? Toshiba Laptop 1.5 GB of RAM, 1.6 GHZ, Intel Centrino Duo Core, harddrive Capacity 150 GB. Really good laptop. (y)

chow2rich

But now Windows Vista is coming out, should I get it? Now what's the difference between Windows Vista, and Windows XP? (y)

Unless you are buying a new computer or just one that wants the latest bells and whistles , I would wait before getting Vista.
There are always problems with new releases, just look at the problems users are having with IE7. I am probably in the minority, but I don't like changing to the latest software when what I have is working like I want. Just check out the features of Vista to see if it has any advantage over XP for you. Did your new laptop come with a Vista express upgrade?

chow2rich

Yes, but I'm still not sure if I want to upgrade it to Windows Vista yet. But thanks for your advice, your really helpful. (y)

chow2rich

I heard that the features in Windows Vista is different from XP there aren't menus in Windows Vista.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online