[Solved] What's the matter with my scanner?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guyzer

Guy
I am attaching an example of a pic I just scanned. Vertical lines have been added to show the problem. The middle portion of the scanned pic between the lines is lighter than the outer portions ( I hope it shows up ). I have cleaned all surfaces, reinstalled scanner software and tried many different photo editing software, all to no avail. Scanner in question is a HP Scanjet 5300C running on XP Pro.

Any ideas besides heaving it into a trash bin and using my Canon?

Attachments

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Unfortunately, they are getting to be disposable items.

Sad, but true :(

Guyzer

Guy
AcaCandy said:
Unfortunately, they are getting to be disposable items.

Sad, but true :(
I bought my first one wholesale about 6 or 7 years ago and it cost me 450 clams. This was about $100 so no biggie except I was going to give it to my sis.
Oh well.... (n)

Feel free to mark thread solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online