Solved: What's the Name of the Yahoo Utility that Allows Signing In to Yahoo Automatically?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hulk701

Banned
Hey Gang,

I have a utility on my Win98 machine that allows me to sign into Yahoo automatically. It stores my password so I don't have to enter it each time Yahoo asks for it.

I want to use it now for my XP application and I don't know what to call it. If I knew what it was called I could download it and install it.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

HULK!:cool:

Hulk701

Banned
Thanks Sekrit,

I downloaded it once with Win98, now I have XP on another computer and I want to get it but I forgot what to get.

It looks like this:

Hulk701

Banned
Found it myself.

Its a function of YAHOO TOOLBAR. I had difficulty find it because its not the same on each toolbar. On my other computer its a red Y, on this computer its a purple Y.

HULK!

I've never used the Yahoo! program from the link I posted, so I don't know what it looks like.

I see yours is a button in IE. If you run Hijack This, look for a BHO (browser helper object). That should give you a clue to its name. And then maybe you can just install a copy of yours from Win 98 over to XP?

(I think you are familiar with HJT? - if not check a few spyware posts for a download site)

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online