Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: What's the Name of the Yahoo Utility that Allows Signing In to Yahoo Automatically?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sekirt 
#1 ·
Hey Gang,

I have a utility on my Win98 machine that allows me to sign into Yahoo automatically. It stores my password so I don't have to enter it each time Yahoo asks for it.

I want to use it now for my XP application and I don't know what to call it. If I knew what it was called I could download it and install it.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

HULK!:cool:

#3 ·
Thanks Sekrit,

I downloaded it once with Win98, now I have XP on another computer and I want to get it but I forgot what to get.

It looks like this:

#4 ·
Found it myself.

Its a function of YAHOO TOOLBAR. I had difficulty find it because its not the same on each toolbar. On my other computer its a red Y, on this computer its a purple Y.

HULK!

#5 ·
I've never used the Yahoo! program from the link I posted, so I don't know what it looks like.

I see yours is a button in IE. If you run Hijack This, look for a BHO (browser helper object). That should give you a clue to its name. And then maybe you can just install a copy of yours from Win 98 over to XP?

(I think you are familiar with HJT? - if not check a few spyware posts for a download site)

sekirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.