Solved: When installing my dvd rom, the computer says installing cd rom Why?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adamakajohn

When i tryed installing a new dvd rom on my computer, it installs drivers for a cd rom instead.
And when i try to play a dvd r it won't, it will only play cdr's.
Can anybody help?

Adam

Visit the drive manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your model and specific operating system.

adamakajohn

Hi
I have tryed that , but could not find the drivers. i think the dvdrom is old.
It is in a machine that i bought of ebay, that had no operating system installed. And after installing xp, the dvd rom is being installed by windows with drivers for a cd rom. The dvdrom is a HL_DT_ST DVD ROM GDR8161B

Adam

adamakajohn

hi
i thought that the laser might be faulty aswell so i tryed another dvd rom drive that i know works, but its doing the same thing.
windows is only installing drivers for a cdrom.

adam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online