1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: When should we get married?!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by TechGuy, Jan 26, 2005.

?

When should we get married?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2005.
  1. Sunday, June 18 (Father's Day)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Sunday, July 10

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. Some Sunday later in the year

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Wait until next year to get a Saturday

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Other (please post!)

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Heather and I have picked the location for our outdoor wedding! :D

Here's the problem -- we're hoping to get married this year which puts us a little behind those who have been planning for a while. They only have a few dates available this year, and none are Saturdays. Is it a big deal to have it on a Sunday? How about on Father's Day?! :(

Here are the average temperatures for this area:
    http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USMD0281

Also, just in case anyone missed the announcement:
    http://forums.techguy.org/t307149.html

So... when should we get married? Thanks for your thoughts! :)

2. Gibble

Gibble

My friend had his wedding on a Sunday...they've been married for just over two years now (or is it longer...time flies)

3. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

You are very brave going for the outdoor wedding! But hopefully, the weather will cooperate. :)

I think the reason most people get married on Saturday is that friends and family can come in on Friday night for the rehearsal, enjoy the wedding on Saturday, and get back on Sunday if there's travel involved. That's just my opinion, I really don't know fi that's the "real" reason. I've been to Friday night ceremonies, all times of day on Saturdays, but never a Sunday ceremony.

The most important thing to do, though is to do what you two crazy kids want. This is the time to be selfish because it really is all about you. :D If you want to get married on a Tuesday, I think you should do it.

4. moonmist

moonmist

I dont see any problem with getting married on a Sunday.......lots of people do it these days. Not to sure about doing it on Fathers Day though, unless people dont actually like spending time with their Dads ;) ......... Now as for the time of year........im partial to a late summer or fall wedding..... everything is just so pretty in the fall :D

ps...........oh and when i first read the title of the thread i was gonna say...."but Mike... we hardly know one another" ;) .........

5. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

Elope now! :) :cool:

6. Raeli

Raeli

Congrats! (y)

I voted for a later Sunday just because I can't imagine a June/July wedding without A/C!

7. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Shhh! Heather might read this thread and figure us out! :p

8. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

But he's in Maryland! It doesn't get that hot there. Average temperature is only 89 for the month of July.

She could wear a shawl to avoid getting a chill. :D

9. jimi

jimi

eggy's got it right but if thats not in the cards well then di is right because this is all about you and heather, so do it whenever the 2 of you want, BTW i'm free on july 10th and i promise not to step on bunky's foot if we dance :eek: :rolleyes: :D

10. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

Congrats. (y) ;)

I think Fathers Day would be grand. How better to say I love you to the one you love. And showing respect to two wonderful fathers that raised you both.

All my best to you. May you forever be happy.

11. moonmist

moonmist

[​IMG]

12. Raeli

Raeli

You Texans and your not that hot. :rolleyes: 89 is plenty hot in a suit, especially a tux!

13. Cake4All

Cake4All

Wednesday

14. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

...and don't forget the humidity ...

I would avoid Father's Day only because in the future you might have a conflict between going away without the (hypothetical) kids for your anniversary and celebrating Father's Day with the kids. Besides, you don't want Heather to be able to get away with a combination anniversary/father's day gift, do you??? :D

I don't see any problem with a Sunday wedding. I'd aim for the best weather pattern and go for it!

15. deh

deh

We took our chances with an outdoor wedding. The ceremony was outdoors while the reception indoors.
    We decided to have our wedding on labor day weekend which was to allow family and friends the long weekend, esp. those that had to travel. The concern was though if they had previous plans but of course we sent out invitations our i believe the beginning of the year. (Which makes me wonder why dude isn't getting the heat for not sending the invites out yet? :eek: My now wife flipped out because we waited so late to send ours.).

Needless to say it was HOT (hot in herrrrr). Very hot and humid.
    Thankfully the reception hall was air conditioned. We did have a downpour but it was after the wedding when we were safe and dry at the reception. Actually it was a pretty bad storm although we didn't lose electric at the reception, later that night when we got to our hotel they were without electric and couldn't check us in. Fortunately we were in a big city so we found another hotel outside the airport to where we flew to DisneyWorld the next day.

I think October would've have been our prime choice because Fall is just great but we had our family many of whom were from afar in mind. Guess we could've planned around us but having the family was great.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice